Australian companies operate in a highly regulated environment. At a minimum, companies must comply with the requirements of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 (Cth), the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
If listed, or intending to list, on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), the company must comply with the ASX Listing Rules and Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations. If providing, or planning to provide, financial services and products, the company must also comply with Australian Financial Services Licence provisions.
Mertons can help you ensure compliance by:
- auditing your compliance practices
- developing and implementing a compliance framework, systems, policies and procedures
- assessing and supporting the establishment of in-house compliance roles and responsibilities
- developing a culture of compliance and adherence to reporting deadlines
- providing advice on Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules, including continuous disclosure, and
- guiding companies during IPO and other capital raising initiatives.