The company secretary role is vital for ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that board decisions are implemented. It’s a role that requires specialist skills, including the ability to maintain company records, advise boards and management teams, and lodge company announcements and filings.
For small and medium-size companies (SMEs), and foreign-owned entities, outsourcing the company secretarial role to a specialist consultant is a cost-effective, risk-sensitive solution. For larger companies with in-house company secretaries, having company secretarial consultants available provides confidence of coverage.
As an outsourced partner or a short-term resource, Mertons can:
- prepare board agendas and papers
- attend company meetings and take minutes
- prepare and distribute minutes and action items
- maintain company registers, statutory lodgements and filings
- arrange and maintain company insurances
- provide a physical registered office for local and foreign entities
- act as local agent for Australian registered foreign entities, and
- provide Australian resident director services.