The role played by the board in setting the direction and culture of an organisation is vital. Board performance reviews can improve board effectiveness and give investors and stakeholders greater confidence in their compliance processes.
Mertons’ board reviews inform directors and executive teams about:
- board structure, roles and competencies
- board skills set, identifying strengths, weaknesses and gaps
- succession planning issues
- the overall performance of the board
- directors’ performance of their roles and responsibilities, and
- the compliance and effectiveness of activities, such as reporting and shareholder meetings.